Vegetable Curry Puffs
All I needed was ....
Potatoes - 2 Large
Green peas - 1 cup
Onions - 2 medium (chopped)
Frozen puff pastry sheets - 2
chillie powder - 1 tbsp
coriander powder - 1 tsp
garam masala - 1 tsp
amchur (dry mango powder) - 1/2 tbsp
lemon juice - 1 tbsp
salt to taste
oil - 2 tsp
And this is how ....
1. Boil potatoes, peel off the skin, mash and keep aside.
2. Boil green peas till soft and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai, add onions and fry till soft.
8. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
4. Once onions turn soft, add boiled green peas and for 2 minutes on medium flame stirring in between.
5. Add chillie powder, garam masala, coriander powder, salt, amchur and fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add mashed potatoes, mix well and allow to cook for about 5-6 mts on low flame.
7. Switch off the flame, add lime juice, mix well and allow to cool while we get ready with the puff pastry sheets.
9. Take out 2 frozen puff pastry sheets, place them on an oven proof tray. Place in the oven for about 10 seconds to allow the pastry sheets turn soft.
10. Cut the puff pastry sheets to 8 equal pieces.
11. Take a puff pastry piece, place a spoonful of curry in the centre. Seal it on top with another piece of puff pastry.
12. Gently cover all the four sides of the puff so that the curry does'nt pop out during baking time.
13. In the same way prepare remaining puffs and place them on a greased tray.
14. Bake these in the preheated oven for 20 mts till the puffs turn golden brown.
15. Serve hot with tomato or chillie ketchup.