Minapattu (Plain Dosa)
A south indian savoury, which is served plain as well as with a variety of fillings too. One bite and you fall in love with it, I bet :-) . All you need is some time to make this tasty breakfast. It can be served with accompaniments like coconut chutney, peanut chutney, sambhar, or podis.
1 cup whole urad dal (Minapappu)
2 cups of rice
1/2 cup of chana dal (senagapappu)
1 tb sp of methi seeds
1. Wash and soak urad dal, rice, chana dal and methi seeds together in lots of water for about 5-6 hours.
2. Drain water and grind them to a smooth batter, not too thick nor too watery. Add water while grinding for the batter to turn smooth.
4. The quantity of batter increases by morning. Add 1 tb sp of salt to the batter, mix well. Now the batter is ready for making dosas.
5. Place and heat a dosa pan (skillet) on the stove. Pour a laddle full of batter on the pan and spread into thin round shape as shown below. Move the laddle in circular shape till the batter turns into thin round shape. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of oil on the sides and allow to cook till dosa turns to golden brown in color.
7. Reverse dosa again, fold into two halves and serve hot with chutney.
dosa with kobbari-senagapappu chutney