Back to blogging again!
Aratikaya Masala Vepudu (Plantain Masala Fry)
Huh! finally back to blogging after a short break. Short break! you must be wondering :) yeah I know. Just kidding! Well anyways am back.
Feeling lazy today, I was thinking of what to cook for lunch and here came to my rescue this plantain lying down in my fridge. I've always loved this vegetable for its mild sweet taste when cooked. Ok! All set. Now here goes the recipe .....
What we need.....
Plantain - 1
Onion - 1
Ginger - Small piece
Garlic - 4 Cloves
Cloves - 4
Cinannmon stick - Small piece
Coriander seeds - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Chillie powder - 2 tbsps
Oil - 5- 6 tsps
Salt to taste
1. Grind onions, ginger, garlic, cloves, cinannmon,elaichi, coriander seeds, jeera to paste without adding any water.
2. Wash the plantain and peel of the skin.
2. Cut it to semi-circle pieces.
4. Allow the plantain to cook in low flame with lid covered till the pieces turn soft.
5. Remove the lid and allow them to turn a little crispy frying now and then.
6. Once the plantain pieces are soft and start turning color to light brown add the ground paste, turmeric, salt and continue frying in low flame till the raw smell disappears and the pieces turn crispy. Add a tsp of oil if required.
7. Once the pieces turn crispy and golden brown in color add chillie powder, mix well and turn off the flame.
8. Serve hot with rice. This tastes very good when accompanied with dal, rasam or sambhar.