Majjiga Pulusu/Majjiga Charu (Spicy yoghurt stew)
This is a simple and delicious dish that is cooked in andhra homes. There are lot more variations in cooking this dish. Today I was a bit busy with my other household chores so had to opt for a simple yet tasty recipe and here goes ....
Plain yoghurt/Curd - 1 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Medium size onions - 2 (finely chopped)
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Dried red chillies - 4
Green chillies - 4 (finely chopped)
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Coriander leaves - a small bunch (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsps
How to ....
1. Beat the curds and water together softly without lumps or blend it in a mixer for about 30 seconds.
2. Add turmeric, chopped onions, green chillies to the beaten curds and mix well.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add jeera, mustard seeds, dried red chillies, curry leaves and fry for about a minute on low flame then switch off.
4. Add this tadka to the beaten curds, mix and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
5. Serve with rice and sun dried chillies (majjiga mirapakayalu/challa mirapakayalu).