cauliflower - 1 (cut them into florets)
onions - 2 (chopped)
capsicum - 1
tomato - 1 (chopped)
cloves - 3 (lavangalu)
elaichi - 1
dalchini - 1 small stick (cinnanmon stick)
poppy seeds - 2 tb sps (khus khus)
dhaniyalu - 1 tb sp (coriander seeds)
jeera - 1 tsp
ginger - 1 inch piece
garlic - 2 cloves
chillie powder - 1 1/2 tb sps
salt to taste
oil - 3 tb sps
1. Add 1 tsp of salt in hot water and soak cauliflower florets for 3 mts.
2. Drain water and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tb sp of oil in a pan and add half of chopped onions. Fry for 3 mts in low flame. Add all of the chopped capsicum to it and fry till onions and capsicum turn their color. Switch of the flame and allow them to cool.
4. Grind tomato, poppy seeds, cloves, elaichi, dalchini, dhaniyalu, jeera, ginger and garlic, fried onions and capsicum to smooth paste. set aside.
5. Heat 2 tb sps of oil in a pan, fry remaining onions till golden brown. Add cauliflower florets, mix well and cook with lid covered for 3 mts in low flame.
6. Add ground paste, 1 1/2 tb sps of chillie powder, salt to taste and 3 cups of water. mix well. Turn to high flame and bring to boil. Allow to cook with lid covered till gravy turns thick and cauliflower pieces are well cooked.
7. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice, chapathis or roti.