Baby carrots - 15 (each carrot cut into two pieces)
onions - 5 (chopped lenght wise)
curry leaves - 2 sprigs
curd - 1 big cup (whipped in a blender)
oil - 2 tb sps
water - 1 1/2 cup
chillie powder - 2 t sps
poppy seeds (gasagasalu) - 2 tb sps
cashew nuts - 2 tb sps
cloves (lavangalu) - 4
elaichi - 2
dalchini - 1 small stick
coriander seeds (dhaniyalu) - 2 tb sps
jeera - 1 tb sp
ginger - 1 inch piece
garlic - 3 cloves
1. Grind poppy seeds, cashew nuts, cloves, elaichi, dalchini, coriander seeds, jeera, ginger and garlic to smooth paste with little water.
2. heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions, curry leaves and fry till onions turn soft.
3. add baby carrots, mix well. cover the pan with a lid and cook in low flame for 4 mts.
4. remove the lid, add ground paste, turmeric powder, chillie powder, salt and mix well. add 1 1/2 cup of water.
5. Raise the flame and bring it to boil. reduce the flame and cover with a lid. Allow the carrots to turn soft (takes about 10 mts)
6. revome the lid, add whipped curd and cook in high flame till the gravy turns thick.
7. serve hot with chapathi or rice.